A Power Supply representative will be stopping by the coming Monday (10/7) at 6pm to hand out samples of their meals. For those of you who don’t know what Power Supply is, you can check them out here. Also, anyone participating in the upcoming Nutrition Challenge will receive a 10% discount off Power supply meals.
Speaking of the Nutrition Challenge….
We will be kicking off the Challenge this Monday (10/7). Before I talk about the format, here’s a quick rundown on why we’ve decided to structure the Challenge the way we did.
Past Challenges have been wonderfully successful at getting people to change their eating habits for a short period of time, but the majority of people have a tough time staying accountable once the Challenge is over. The problem isn’t knowing what to eat, or how to shop, or how to cook. These solutions are a Google search away. Or even asking a coach or CrossFit friend who has had success. The problem is building the habit or proper eating and forcing yourself to stay accountable during tough times. Our focus this time around is on accountability.
So this time around, we’ve built in the ability to keep the Challenge running after the 30 day period is up by providing a paid service. Participating in the Challenge does not require you to do the service.
Here are the details for the Challenge:
- To sign-up for the Challenge, CLICK HERE. You’ll be asked to enter your name and email address.
- On Monday, 10/7, you’ll receive an email with a link to a group Google Spreadsheet. Everyone participating in the Challenge will have their own separate page on this Google Spreadsheet, and everyone will have access to the entire document.
- Every evening before midnight, you must submit at least one meal into the food journal. If you submit one meal, you earn a star for the day. Fail to submit, no star.
- You can earn bonus stars by stringing together consecutive day streaks.
- There are no rules on WHAT you can/cannot eat. However, we will provide everyone with a list of foods we recommend you eat.
- The goal is to accumulate as many stars as possible within the month.
- You’ll receive weekly email summaries of your star total. You’ll also receive emails when you put together journaling streaks we’ve pre-determined. And probably some random emails in there for fun.
That should cover it. Any other details you need, we will provide in the email sent out on Day 1 (aka, Monday).
Workout of the Day
5 rounds for time of:
10 deadlifts (185/135)
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.