Alright guys, Max Effort Snatch today. Similar to Tuesday’s post, let’s talk tips for improving your snatch technique and setting snatch PR’s. Here we go:
- Set-up properly! This is the same as the clean. Make sure you tri-lat tuck, set your back nice and tight, and pull your chest up tall in the bottom position. Take a big deep breath into your belly before you start the lift. This will help keep your torso rigid.
- Keep your butt down as you begin the lift. No stripper deadlift snatches here!
- Take your time from the shins to your hips. This portion of the lift can only hurt you. Take your time and do it right.
- GET AGGRESSIVE! Once the bar gets to your hips, violently open your hips, knees, and ankles.
- Pull yourself under the bar. This part is even more important in the snatch then the clean. As the weight gets heavy, you are not going to be able to muscle the bar over head. Actively pull yourself down, using the bar to whip underneath the weight.
Let’s set some PR’s!
Workout of the Day