Justin asked me to write something about my last two years of CrossFit. I have struggled writing this because it has been such an amazing journey, how do you really share it with other people? I would sum up my experience in two words …
If someone would have told me 2 years ago, after my 11 minute baseline, and push ups on my knees, off a box about the Amy of today, I would tell them they are CRAZY! In two years I have improved dramatically and lost almost 80 lbs since starting at CFDR. Why does it work? Here are my top ten reasons …
- Great Coaches – I never felt anything was impossible and my movements are getting better every day, someday I WILL do a muscle up
- Amazing Athletes – There are people everyday who push me to go harder, faster, heavier. Thanks to all of you! A special thanks to both the Megans who I have chased for a very long time and thanks to Anh and Maddie who push me hard from the whiteboard.
- Friends – It is always great to see the 6 am crew, they crack me up and keep me motivated to come every morning. Special thanks to David and Zack who make me laugh.
- Challenges – I love the challenges to keep me motivated. We had the handstand challenge, 3000 push up challenge, many Paleo challenges. They all helped me improve.
- Programming – Some of you may not realize, but at most other gyms it is just the WOD. There is no warm up, skill work, etc. This extra work I think has made a significant difference.
I have a couple of goals for year three. I would like to be able to do 1 full dip unassisted, 1 HSPU and get much closer to doing a body weight OHS. I am also looking forward to all the PRs set by the CFDR Kids. They are going to do awesome things.
Thanks everyone for an awesome two years!
- Amy B.
Workout of the Day
20 min AMRAP of
Hang Squat Clean – 7 reps (95/65)
Pull-Ups – 12 reps