You may find it difficult sometimes to not eat your favorite foods like mashed potatoes, french fries and ice cream, but there are tons of great paleo friendly alternatives out there. Here are a few to get you inspired:
- Mashed Potatoes – Mashed Cauliflower
- Grits – Groots which is Celery Root (Recipe)
- Fried Rice – Fried Cauliflower (Recipe)
- Peanut Butter – Almond Butter, Hazelnut Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter (watch for sugar)
- Milk – Almond Milk, Coconut Milk
- Whipped Cream – Coconut Milk (directions)
- Breading – Coconut Flakes, Crushed Nuts (Coconut Crusted Chicken Recipe)
- Sugar – Dates, Honey, Pured Fruit, Applesauce (use sparingly if trying to loose weight)
The important thing is to think outside of the box. Consider using Romain lettuce leaves as sandwich bread, or Portabello Mushroom as the bottom of a Pizza crust. There are tons of great substitutions out there!
What is your favorite substitution?
– Amy B.
Workout of the Day
Squat Cleans (95/65)